Latest Specter Supercar Bows At Sema
The latest Specter Werkes/Sports Corvette GTR debuted November 3 at the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas. Distinguished by its unique BASF Pearl Blue exterior color and HRE CF40 carbon-fiber wheels, the newest GTR is based on the Corvette Z06 and represents a collaboration between Specter Werkes and Lingenfelter Performance Engineering. A Lingenfelter twin-turbo system powers the car, pumping its 7.0-liter LS7 engine to 800 horsepower.
"Specter GTRs have been featured at SEMA for many years, and we're excited to have debuted the most unique example to date at this year's show," said Jeff Nowicki, president of Specter Werkes/Sports. "There's never been a GTR like this one, and we think it will resonate with sports-car enthusiasts of all stripes."
Featuring dramatic bodywork and carbon-fiber details, the GTR blends racing-inspired design cues with uncompromising luxury and performance. The package is available on all C6 Corvette models, including the base coupe and convertible, the Z06, and the ZR1. The new Pearl Blue example's carbon-fiber wheels and other carbon accents are complemented by a matte-black rear fascia.
The use of HRE carbon-fiber wheels is a first on a GTR. They weigh only 22 pounds apiece and are wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Zero Pressure tires. Additional features on the new GTR include:
StopTech STR big-brake package, featuring six-piston front calipers and four-piston rear calipers
• Mobil 1 synthetic fluids
• Corsa exhaust system with GTR-specific exhaust tips
• Spinneybeck hand-tipped leather interior accents
• Matte-finish carbon-fiber accents, including the headlamp
housing, front splitter, outside mirrors, and more.
For more information, visit www.spectergtr.com.
Accessorized Grand Sport Unveiled
Released late last summer, the 2010 Corvette Grand Sport is a track-oriented edition equipped with wider wheels and tires, special suspension tuning, and unique exterior details. The car achieves a 0-60 time of less than four seconds, pulls 1.0 g on the skidpad, and still boasts an EPA-rated highway fuel economy of 26 mpg.
The version pictured here was displayed at the SEMA show, where it introduced a host of new Grand Sport accessories. These items included the following:
• Mesh inserts for the front-fender vents
• ZR1-style front splitter and rear spoiler (painted satin black)
• ZR1-style rocker extensions and wheel spats (painted satin black)
• Body-color door handles and license-plate frame
• Tinted dark-chrome fender badges
• "Tech" pattern engine cover with red-letter inserts
• Grand Sport logo hood blanket
• Grand Sport logo floor mats and leather console cover
• Red-stitched shifter knob/boot and red parking-brake boot
• "Tech" pattern interior-trim kit
• PAL iPod connector
• Convertible windscreen
• Racing-style pedal covers
• Interior storage pouches
These accessories are expected to go on sale early this year, and will be available through any Chevrolet or other authorized GM dealer.